Wednesday, December 30, 2009

life...

it's funny how sometimes i sit here at my desk and talk to people at doctor's offices and say "this is rachael with continucare" and then i just sit here and am like.....that was weird. it's weird that people take me seriously (well most of the time) and that i'm an actual adult. sometimes i still feel like a 18 year old just starting out on my own and that i have no actual reason to be affiliated with a certain company. wow....it was weird! it sometimes seems that my mind still thinks that its a not so much of an adult but more kid still. while this may be true in some aspects, it's not in the fact that i have bills just like adults and responsibilities just like an adult, and have to work just like an adult, and have to take care of myself just like an adult....way overrated. what it would be like to be 10 again and not have to go to school, but just playing and being 10 and carefree. yeah that would be awesome....

my brother left yesterday. it was sad, it's weird that we won't see him for 2 years but he is doing the Lord's work, and that's the important thing to remember. he started crying....that's when i started to get sad....i was excited for him...i know that he's been waiting for this for a long time, but now that it's here i guess it would be a little scary. my mom tried to hide her tears, but when we got home i heard her sobbing in the bathroom (isn't it funny how that door makes it seem like the world is so far away) do you know how hard it is to hear someone you love crying and can't really do anything for them? it sucks!....just so you know. i didn't cry, just teared up a little. it will be hard to not have any voice contact, but he's doing a greater work...and that in and of itself is a comfort.

2 comments:

Eva said...

Yeah, I wonder sometimes why I've fooled so many people into letting me drive... I'm not old enough, am I? Oh wait... yeah I am. But I'm definitely not old enough to be in college... oh wait... I already finish. hmmm. Where did my life go?

So excited for your brother! My sister Julie is actually in the Philippines now. I've cried. =(

Kacey Ahlstrom said...

Rach! It's good to hear from you! I figured I should start blogging and get in touch with old friends! I just heard from Kim Dodds and she invited us up to AG. I can't help but look back on all of the good times we had that summer! How are you doing? I'll have to check out your blog!